Monday, October 12, 2009

mommy, tomorrow i want to tell you i had fun in Texas

Westley and I had a great vacation in Texas. We flew on a plane but I think he had more fun on the shuttle buses, truth be told. We had a great time with Kim and her husband Joseph. Their hospitality was much appreciated. There were playgrounds and shopping and oh yeah, my 20 year high school reunion. I really enjoyed reconnecting with Robin, Michelle, Cheryl, Beth, Cindy, Jeanine, Tammy, and Carrie (in order of appearance). There were several others too numerous to name. Everybody looked absolutely fabulous. Except me, I can't get a decent haircut to save my life.

We ate lots of Mexican food and there were margaritas. I also got my once a decade Whataburger.

I got to tour the school, see some tailgaters at the football team (but ultimately bailed, it was cold!), and enjoy reunion festivities at Lantana Golf Club sans the children. The only thing missing was the Walrus who couldn't think of anything more excruciating, except maybe a root canal but would still probably prefer the root canal, than being at a party full of people he doesn't know. He was still missed.

I loved spending all that time with Westley without having to worry about work or school and I loved that he loves Kim as much as I do. They really hit it off.


Robin...

Tammy and Jeanine...We just need our flutes and a stage.
Haven't seen Carrie in 20+ years. Carrie has the best sense of humor. I wonder if she still likes hot pink and Miss Piggy.
Michelle and her hubby...The only person I didn't recognize but knew her when she introduced herself. Most others were either unrecognizable all together or I couldn't remember their name.
Cindy (&I)... Many hours were spent on her trampoline and in my pool.

Westley and Wookie...
Kim and Joseph...
Driving home from the airport...

1 comment: